The Mallorca Professional Association of Tourist Informants was created in 1977. This Association was expanded with the incorporation of the other islands of the archipelago, becoming the Professional Association of Tourist Informants of the Balearic Islands in 1985.
The official College of Tourist Guides of the Balearic Islands (COGTIB), is regulated by the Law 10/1998 of December 14, 1998 1998 of Professional Associations of the Balearic Islands, published in the BOIB in December 19, 1998.
Board of Directors
Joan Bonet Miquel
What do I gain by joining??
How to join?
PROVIDING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION
Tourist guide as a profession
The profession of a tourist guide is performed by...
To be a Balearic Islands Tour Guide you need...
These are the activities for which a tour guide is required...
Competent island tourism administrations must set tests for...
The general requirements for authorisation are:
- Having Spanish nationality or that of any member state of the European Union or signatory to the European Economic Area Agreement, being a foreign citizen resident in Spain with the recognised right to engage in gainful employment or others in accordance with current regulations.
- Being an adult.
- Having any of the following qualifications: vocational training higher level training cycle; university diploma or degree; master’s degree, a degree or any other approved equivalent. Be in possession of a professional certificate or other accreditation of the skills required to be a Guide for tourists and visitors, via the evaluation and accreditation of the skills acquired through work experience or other non-formal training methods, under the terms contained in the Organic Law 5/2002, June 19, Vocational Training and Qualifications, and the Royal Decree 1224/2009, July 17.
- Accreditation of knowledge of English and at least one other foreign language under the terms established in this chapter.
- Certification of knowledge of Catalan and Castilian Spanish under the terms established in this chapter.
- Knowledge of the natural and cultural heritage of the Balearic Islands, as provided for in this chapter.